Oracle Reinvents Database Protection with Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance
By Ram Narayanan-Oracle on Sep 29, 2014
The Recovery Appliance dramatically reduces the impact of backups on production servers and networks, virtually eliminating the need for lengthy backup windows. The cloud-scale architecture enables a single Recovery Appliance to manage the data protection requirements of thousands of databases, avoiding the cost and complexity of disparate backup systems.
- Eliminates data loss: Unique database integration enables continuous transport of redo data to the appliance, providing real-time protection for the most recent transactions so that databases can be restored without data loss.
- Eliminates production impact: Backup algorithms integrated into Oracle Database send only changed data to the appliance, minimizing production database impact, I/O traffic, and network load. All expensive backup processing is offloaded to the Appliance.
- Offloads tape archival: The Recovery Appliance can directly archive database backups to low-cost tape storage, offloading production database servers. Archival operations can run both day and night to improve tape drive utilization.
- Enables restore to any point in time: The database change data stored on the Appliance can be used to create virtual full database copies at any desired point in time.
- Delivers cloud-scale protection: A single Recovery Appliance can serve the data protection requirements of thousands of databases in a data center or region. Capacity expands seamlessly to petabytes of storage, with no downtime.
- Protects data from disasters: The Recovery Appliance can replicate data in real time to a remote Recovery Appliance or to Oracle Database Backup Cloud Service to protect business data from site outages. Database blocks are continuously validated to eliminate data corruption at any stage of transmission or processing.
- Monday, Sept. 29: 2:45 - 3:30 (CON7684) - Moscone South - 307
Oracle Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance: A New Era in Data Protection
- Tuesday, Sept. 30: 3:45 - 4:30 (CON7686) - Moscone South - 305
And don't forget to see the Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance in action. Visit the Engineered Systems Showcase at Moscone Center North and take a tour with one of our product experts.Oracle Zero Data Loss Recovery Appliance: Deployment Best Practices