- Windows Lifecycle Fact Sheet (Microsoft.com)
What can EBS customers expect after April 2017?
After Microsoft desupports Vista in April 2017:
- Oracle Support will continue to assist, where possible, in investigating issues that involve Windows Vista.
- Oracle's ability to assist may be limited due to limited access to PCs running Windows Vista.
- Oracle will continue to provide access to existing EBS patches for Windows Vista.
- Oracle will provide new EBS patches only for issues that can be reproduced on later operating system configurations that Microsoft is actively supporting (e.g. Windows 7, Windows 10)
Oracle strongly recommends that E-Business Suite customers upgrade their desktops from Windows Vista to the latest certified equivalents. As of today, those are Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- Microsoft Ending Support for Windows XP and Office 2003 in April 2014
- Windows 10 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Microsoft Windows 8 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite