When customizing an Oracle E-Business Suite instance running on Oracle Cloud or on-premises, you must always follow our development guidelines. Be aware that there are differences in the customization standards between Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 and Release 12.1.
For the official guidelines and more information on Release 12.2 customizations, refer to the following documents:
- Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 Developer's Guide
- Developing and Deploying Customizations in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 (Doc ID 1577661.1)
You may optionally choose to use the Oracle Application Management Suite to manage and apply custom patches to an Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2 or Release 12.1 environment running either on-premises and in the Oracle Cloud.
Note that the following support implications apply to customizations when running Oracle E-Business Suite either on Oracle Cloud or on-premises:
- Getting Started with Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud (Note 2066260.1)
- Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud Landing Page
- Oracle E-Business Suite Learning Subscription
- Oracle E-Business Suite on Oracle Cloud White Paper
- Getting Started with EBS on Oracle Cloud
- EBS Deployment Options on Oracle Cloud
- Using EBS Development Tools in Oracle Compute Cloud
- EBS Lift and Shift Part 1: From On-Premises to Oracle Compute Cloud
- EBS Lift and Shift Part 2: From On-Premises to DBCS and Oracle Compute Cloud