By Chris Kawalek on Feb 13, 2015
Here's an excerpt:
Of course, this is the Oracle Linux blog, so why am I referencing new Oracle VM Templates? Because these templates of course run Oracle Linux! Here are the highlights of the new templates:
- Yum@Deploy support(11gR2 & 12c) - Allows running yum install/update during first boot/deployment and subsequent re-builds.
- Multi-Diskgroup support for Oracle ASM
- Support for multiplexed Controlfile & REDO logfiles
- Default kernel boot is Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK3) 3.8.13-55, seamless transition to HVM mode
- Oracle Linux 7, BTRFS & Ksplice Ready!