New Oracle InfiniBand Network Fabric Transforms the Delivery of Business-Critical Applications in the Cloud
Barcelona – Mobile World Congress —Feb 22, 2016
- Unparalleled Performance: At 100 Gb/s, Oracle EDR InfiniBand Fabric delivers 10x the performance of Ethernet and 3x the performance of previous generation InfiniBand that enables 4:1 network consolidation with the ability to seamlessly integrate with existing datacenter storage and networking. Using a non-blocking, fat-tree topology customers can gain an unprecedented level of flexibility for service deployment and responsiveness to load variation.
- Improved Efficiency: Oracle’s EDR InfiniBand Fabric provides a single fabric for all server and storage communication, supporting native InfiniBand, virtualized Ethernet, and Fibre Channel. This converged open interconnect can be transparently deployed without changes to applications or storage. Built-in SDN enables the instant creation of private virtual network overlays for secure multi-tenant service isolation.
- Application Acceleration: Oracle’s EDR InfiniBand Fabric utilizes on-chip cores that can process high concurrent stream counts and offload low latency messaging for accelerating applications. Host CPU cycles are freed up, dramatically reducing response times and increasing throughput.
- Enhanced Security: Oracle EDR InfiniBand Fabric secures the fabric’s management plane to ensure cloud tenants sharing the same physical infrastructure are isolated from the network traffic and administrative actions of other tenants with secure end-point authentication. It also authenticates key management actions, including provisioning new networks and making configuration changes. Users can also utilize built-in virtual network security services such as firewall, load balancer, IP routing, VPN, and Network Address Translation to protect tenant domains.
- Open Standards: Oracle’s commitment to open standards, interfaces, and technologies are further reinforced by today’s announcement. Oracle was a founding member of the InfiniBand Trade Association and has invested in InfiniBand technology since 1999. Oracle is a current Steering Committee Member of the IBTA and a member of the Board of Directors of the Open Fabrics Alliance.
For More Information