Oracle Linux 7 Update 1 ships with the following kernel packages:
- Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel (UEK) Release 3 (kernel-uek-3.8.13-55.1.6.el7uek) for x86-64
- Red Hat Compatible Kernel (kernel-3.10.0-229.el7) for x86-64
- Linux container support using either Docker or LXC with UEK Release 3
- Comprehensive dynamic tracing with DTrace and UEK Release 3
- Production support for Btrfs with UEK Release 3
- The latest 3rd party hardware support
For more details on these and other new features and changes in Oracle Linux 7 Update 1, please consult the release notes in the Oracle Linux Product Documentation Library.
Oracle Linux can be downloaded, used and distributed free of charge and all updates and errata are freely available. For support, you decide which of your systems require a support subscription. This makes Oracle Linux an ideal choice for your development, testing and production systems.
For customers with Oracle Linux Premier Support, you also receive support for Oracle OpenStack for Oracle Linux and access to zero-downtime kernel updates with Oracle Ksplice, at no additional charge. Oracle Ksplice is fully supported and has been providing live kernel updates to production systems since 2009, delivering more than 1 million patches to mission critical systems without a single reboot. For more information, please visit ksplice.oracle.com.
For more information about Oracle Linux, please visit www.oracle.com/linux .