By Mike Dietrich-Oracle on Jul 21, 2016
OTN Tour Latin America 2016 is ready to take off
Our SpeakersLet me introduce my two team mates first.
Software Development Manager at Oracle
- An Oracle senior level DBA with more than 15 years of experience
- Contributing as software engineer for Database Upgrade team
- Broad range of experience in architecting, designing, implementing, managing and supporting complex business critical databases and related server infrastructure on transnational companies like Bank Of America Merrill Lynch, General Electric and Cadbury Adams.
- Ample experience in different Oracle database technologies like data guard, rac and Exadata
Principal Member of Technical Staff at Oracle, Database Upgrade Development Team
- 15+ years of experience as DBA and as a Software developer.
- OCP and OCE GI & RAC
- Software architect.
- Consultant for companies such as Banco Santander, InterAmerican Development Bank, Bank of America, etc.
- Upgrade/downgrade and migrations specialist, RAC, high availability and Exadata.
- SME Oracle on Windows.
- Preupgrade developer at Database Upgrade Development team
The CitiesHector and Byron will present in these cities.
Please find the links to the events with agenda, location etc below.
- Ciudad de Panamá, Panamá - 01-Aug-16
- San Jose, Costa Rica - 03-Aug-16
- Ciudad de México, Mexico - 05-Aug-16
- Ciudad de Guatemala, Guatemala - 08-Aug-16
The TalksHector and Byron will give the following talks:
What's New in Database Upgrade: Live and Uncensored!..
This session will introduce the new features in database upgrade for the latest version of Oracle Database. As an added bonus you will see a live upgrade from Oracle Database 11g Release 2 to the newest version of Oracle Database, and also a live migration using the new Full Transportable Export/Import feature, both in the span of 45 minutes!
How to Ensure Good Performance After your Database Upgrade.
The top concern of customers when approaching a database upgrade is how their server will perform under the new version of Oracle. This session will show you Best Practice for using a variety of database parameters, features, and options to achieve better performance on the same hardware when you upgrade your Oracle Database.
I'm so glad that our team gets the chance to attend - and all the best to Byron and Hector throughout their travel
Hope to be part of the OTN LAD Tour in 2016 then again