- Recommended Browsers for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 (Note 389422.1)
No. Microsoft Edge does not support plug-ins. For details, see:
- Microsoft Edge FAQ (Microsoft.com)
E-Business Suite products that use Oracle Forms can run on Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox ESR on Windows desktops, and Safari on Mac desktop clients.
What about Java Web Start?
We are testing prototypes with EBS Forms-based products using Java Web Start. Once this work is completed, it is likely that it will be possible to run Forms-based products even when using browsers such as Edge. See:
This work is going well, and we are currently working on security and polishing user interface issues. I'll post updates on this blog as soon as they're available.
Does Edge work with EBS 11i or 12.0?
No. You can download existing patches for EBS 11i and 12.0, but these EBS releases are now in Sustaining Support. We do not produce new certifications for products in Sustaining Support.
Tour end-users should continue to use IE 11, Firefox ESR, or Safari if you are running EBS 11i or 12.0.
- Do E-Business Suite Users Need to Worry About Java 9?
- Windows 10 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite
- Can You Use IE 11 Enterprise Mode or Compatibility View With EBS?
Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.2 and 12.0
Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 12.1
- Internet Explorer 11 Certified with E-Business Suite 126.96.36.199